Exterior Painting Process
When it comes to local painting companies, 360° Painting covers all angles. When our professional team paints a home’s exterior, we pay attention to all the details with our proprietary process. We offer full exterior painting, including vinyl siding painting. We are a step above every other painting company because of our thoroughness and accountability. When we promise to deliver, you can count on our team to always come through. The 360° Painting Process is a proprietary method that guarantees the highest quality paint job, every time.
Here is a brief overview of our detailed process that is unique to 360° Painting:
- Consultation – We gladly offer input and advice regarding the finish and type of paint that should be used, including painting samples. We’re paint experts with national partnerships with leading brands like Sherwin-Williams. This sets us above the rest because we can help you find the perfect paint for your home.
- Protection – Your home will look better after we’ve finished it, not worse! We protect all plants, furniture, and grills with drop cloths or plastic coverings. It’s also important to keep paint where it belongs, so we work with you to close all the windows and storm windows, or we’ll find an alternative arrangement.
- Prepare the surface for painting – Our job is not just about painting your home; we’re here to make sure your home keeps looking great, year after year. We take special precautions to prepare the surface of your house to protect your investment in painting the exterior of your home. These are just a couple of the ways we prep your home:
- Remove dirt and mildew – We use a biodegradable detergent or bleach depending on the extent of the mildew. Drying time varies.
- Create an optimal surface for adherence – New paint needs to have a smooth surface to adhere to. We scrape and sand away any peeling or flaking paint. We also spot prime, caulk, and putty as needed.
- Evaluate rotten or broken wood – If there is wood that needs to be replaced or repaired, we work with you to arrange this.
- Nail any loose ends – Loose boards, moldings, and protruding nails get the finishing touches.
- Window prep: We make sure your windows are protected during the painting process, including potentially removing the windows and screens, if necessary. This might incur additional costs. All removed items (downspouts, storm windows, shutters, etc.) will be replaced at the end of the project.
- Paint, the right way: We apply all coats of paint, including a finishing coat, following safety guidelines to protect your home and our workers.
- Final inspection: We not only conduct our own inspection, but we also invite you to do a final walk-around to answer any final questions or requests.
Each step of our process is designed to ensure optimal results each and every time. From start to finish, you can always count on our team to pay attention to every detail.